OS X 10.5.3 Update breaks Time Machine backup with “cannot mount volume” error
I am using Leopard Server and was happily backing up to a Leopard Client. (Yes, my server is backing up to a Firewire mounted external volume on an OS X client machine, shared over ethernet with AFP!!)
After months of trouble free operation, I upgraded both to 10.5.3 and got the “cannot mount volume” error.
I tried several times, but it would time out with an exclamation mark icon after a few minutes, each time.
- I switched off Time Machine
- Disabled file sharing on the client
- Reset the Client
- Switched AFP sharing back on
- Manually mounted the .sparsebundle once on the server – It mounted fine.
- I then reenabled Time Machine, ran the “backup now” option.
In my case, the above steps fixed the problem. I now have hourly backups working again.